They left this one out:
“A duck’s quack doesn’t echo. And no one knows why.”
But PT knows. Now send this along so that I can get rich (see below).
[ICrackMyselfUp] NSFW/ Sound
Begin forwarded message:
Glass takes one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!
· Gold is the only metal that doesn’t rust, even if it’s buried in the ground for thousands of years.
· Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end.
· If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. When a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
· Zero is the only number that cannot be represented by Roman numerals.
· Kites were used in the American Civil War to deliver letters and newspapers.
· The song, Auld Lang Syne, is sung at the stroke of midnight in almost every English-speaking country in the world to bring in the new year.
· Drinking water after eating reduces the acid in your mouth by 61 percent.
· Peanut oil is used for cooking in submarines because it doesn’t smoke unless it’s heated above 450F.
· The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.
· Nine out of every 10 living things live in the ocean.
· The banana cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
· Airports at higher altitudes require a longer airstrip due to lower air density.
· The University of Alaska spans four time zones.
· The tooth is the only part of the human body that cannot heal itself.
· In ancient Greece , tossing an apple to a girl was a traditional proposal of marriage. Catching it meant she accepted.
· Warner Communications paid 28 million for the copyright to the song Happy Birthday.
· Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
· A comet’s tail always point away from the sun.
· The Swine Flu vaccine in 1976 caused more death and illness than the disease it was intended to prevent.
· Caffeine increases the power of aspirin and other painkillers, that is why it is found in some medicines.
· The military salute is a motion that evolved from medieval times, when knights in armor raised their visors to reveal their identity.
· If you get into the bottom of a well or a tall chimney and look up, you can see stars, even in the middle of the day.
· When a person dies, hearing is the last sense to go. The first sense lost is sight.
· In ancient times strangers shook hands to show that they were unarmed.
· Strawberries are the only fruits whose seeds grow on the outside.
· Avocados have the highest calories of any fruit at 167 calories per hundred grams.
· The moon moves about two inches away from the Earth each year.
· The Earth gets 100 tons heavier every day due to falling space dust.
· Due to earth’s gravity it is impossible for mountains to be higher than 15,000 meters.
· Mickey Mouse is known as “Topolino” in Italy.
· Soldiers do not march in step when going across bridges because they could set up a vibration which could be sufficient to knock the bridge down.
· Everything weighs one percent less at the equator.
· For every extra kilogram carried on a space flight, 530 kg of excess fuel are needed at lift-off.
· The letter J does not appear anywhere on the periodic table of the elements.
· And last but not least:
· This is called ‘Money Bags.’ So send this on to 5 people and money will arrive in 5 days. Based on Chinese Feng Shui, the one who does not pass this on will have money troubles for the rest of the year.
Superstitious or not, I passed this along because it is interesting information.