Thanks, Bob. That was fun. Good thing I don’t have a job or something else worthwhile to do with my time. I enjoyed the exercise.
[Edited for formatting.]
P.S., Lists like this often include many items that are not strictly untrue, but are taken out of context or that are partly true. For anyone who is interested, there are many places on the Web where you can bet these kinds of things. Having been educated in journalism, I have known for decades how to sort out truth from fiction. The rest of our country is only learning that now, and it’s a very painful process indeed. Here are some dedicated fact-checking helps (don’t trust any of them! 😂😂😂😂):
…and my usual favorite..
On Aug 8, 2017, at 10:59 PM, Jones wrote:
What has Donald Trump done since he has been in office!!!
My Response, As Far As I Know…. [== PT ]
Begin forwarded message:
Subject: Are these accurate?
What has Donald Trump done since he has been in office!!!
1.Supreme Court Judge Gorsuch
2. 59 missiles dropped in Syria.
3.He took us out of TPP
4.Illegal immigration is now down 70%( the lowest in 17 years)
5.Consumer confidence highest since 2000 at index125.6
6.Mortgage applications for new homes rise to a 7 year high.
7.Arranged 20% Tariff on soft lumber from Canada.
8.Bids for border wall are well underway.
9.Pulled out of the lopsided Paris accord.
Yes—and the US being one of only three countries in the world to pull out certainly makes it “lopsided.” 😂 P.S., One of the two other countries that pulled out did so because the agreement didn’t go far enough. 😲
10.Keystone pipeline approved.
By executive order.
11.NATO allies boost spending by 4.3%
12.Allowing VA to terminate bad employees.
13.Allowing private healthcare choices for veterans.
14.More than 600,000. Jobs created
15. Median household income at a 7 year high.
No cause-and-effect. (Trump, alone, did this in 6 months while sitting on his hands? Preposterous. Same for “jobs created.”)
16. The Stock Market is at the highest ever In its history.
a. See #15. b. Obama could say the same. (You Can Look It Up.)
17. China agreed to American import of beef.
18. $89 Billion saved in regulation rollbacks.
? Measured how?
19. Rollback of A Regulation to boost coal mining.
20. MOAB for ISIS
Yes. (Note: bombing is cheap and easy. Ask any terrorist.)
21. Travel ban reinstated.
Yes? By executive order. (Note: It failed in court twice. It was not enacted quickly enough to meet its goal of stopping a rush of dangerous immigrants.)
22. Executive order for religious freedom.
23. Jump started NASA
? (Space rocket jumper cables are notoriously expensive.)
24. $600 million cut from UN peacekeeping budget.
? (I guess we had too much peace going on. Trump will fix that.)
25. Targeting of MS13 gangs
26. Deporting violent illegal immigrants.
Yes. (Deported fewer illegal immigrants than Obama, however.)
27. Signed legislative 41 bills to date ( I didn’t even know that least the fake media tell us)
Signed mostly executive orders, as his predecessors had taken to doing. “Legislative bills” he signed have been very few. And obviously have little consequence, or they would have been reported. Gigantic healthcare bill was a disaster, even after trying the same kind of chicanery the Democrats pulled to get it enacted in 2010.
28. Created a commission on child trafficking
29. Created a commission on voter frau
30. Created a commission for opioids addiction.
31. Giving power to states to drug test unemployment recipients.
32. Unemployment lowest since May 2007.
No cause-and-effect. (See other claims about economic matters. Who knew that His mere presence could cause such a dramatic change after all these years! We need more Trumps! They don’t even have to do anything.)
33. Historic Black College University initiative
34. Women In Entrepreneurship Act
35. Created an office or illegal immigrant crime victims.
36. Reversed Dodd-Frank
37. Repealed DOT ruling which would have taken power away from local governments for infrastructure planning
38. Order to stop crime against law enforcement.
39. End of DAPA program.
40. Stopped companies from moving out of America.
Yes, but not alone and at what cost? The Carrier deal is the poster child for this. When Trump went home the state ponied up millions of dollars to keep the plant open, but (union) workers were laid off in large numbers anyway. It was on TV. You Can Look It Up.
41. Promoted businesses to create American Jobs.
No cause-and-effect. And no effect at all on resorts, clothing, and other products made and sold by Trump organization executives including Donald and Ivanka. You Can Look It Up.
42. Encouraged country to once again ‘Buy American and hire American .
Yes. But no cause-and-effect. And after years of construction of Trump properties with imported steel.
43. Review of all trade agreements to make sure they are America first
? Measured how?
44.Cutting regulations 2 for every one created.
No. This was a campaign promise. I have wondered ever since how to measure this? And there’s a question of equity: You could enact a gigantic piece of legislation, such as healthcare, and eliminate some tiny little regulation like the wearing of seatbelts or something. Practically impossible to measure, let alone enforce!
45. Highest manufacturing surge in 3 years.
46 $78 Billion promised reinvestment from major businesses like Exxon, Bayer, Apple, SoftBank, Toyota…
? You like promises? I got a bridge… And as above: At what cost to governments and taxpayers for subsidies to “encourage” these companies? Unknown.
47. Denied FBI a new building.
? This is a good thing??!! On the other hand: Denial is something the Trump administration excels at. Probably true. Probably reviewed as “Fake FBI Building.”
48. $700 million saved with F-35 renegotiation.
? True. The president’s acumen and skill as an aerospace engineer and project negotiator are well-known.
49. Saves $22 million by reducing white house payroll.
? Doubtful. And if you factor in other expenses for travel and lodging to keep the first family and their entourage secure and safe, it’s highly doubtful any money has been saved at all. There was a story early on in the administration on what this was costing. Trump certainly was not saving any money, and was spending at least as much as he blamed on the Obama regime. Highly unlikely. P.S., To be fair, the president is donating his White House salary to charity. Last time I looked, the salary for president was $400,000 a year. But the president has to pay for a lot of stuff you wouldn’t expect. You Can Look It Up.)
50. Dept of treasury reports a $182 billion surplus for April 2017(2nd largest in history.)
? Surplus of what? Last I looked, the budget had a deficit of many trillions of dollars.
51. Negotiated the release of 6 US humanitarian workers held captive in Egypt.
? I very much doubt that the president of the United States was involved in any detailed way.
52. Gas prices lowest in more than 12 years.
True, I guess. But no cause-and-effect. Over the last eight years Obama was blamed when gas prices went up but was not mentioned when gas prices went down. And up and down they went, having very little to do with Mr. Obama.
53. Signed An Executive Order To Promote Energy Independence And Economic Growth.
? True, I suppose. But so what? Might as well throw in apple pie as well.
54. Has already accomplished more to stop government interference into people’s lives than any President in the history of America.
1. Absolute rubbish. 2. Very difficult to prove. 3. Hasn’t had time to have an effect. Needs to be measured after more than eight months.
55. President Trump has worked with Congress to pass more legislation in his first 100 days than any President since Truman.
False. And for someone who believes in smaller government, passing more legislation isn’t something to brag about. PS, what about healthcare? Tax reduction? Infrastructure? These are the administration’s supposed agenda. Total failure so far. Sorry.
56. Has given head executive of each branches 6 month time Frame dated March 15 2017, to trim the fat. restructure and improve efficacy of their branch. (Observe the pushback, the leaks, & the lies as entrenched POWER refuses to go silently into that good night!)
And if they don’t comply? Can’t fire them – we don’t have enough people to run the government now. We don’t even have an ambassador in South Korea. Outrageous. Still waiting for Trump to do something and stick to it.
57. No Fed Funds to Sanctuary Cities.
Yes. Headed for court.
57. Lastly, Refused his Presidential Pay Check, donated it to Veterans issues.
Refused yes. Veterans issues? I don’t know. I know that Trump had five deferments when he could have become a veteran.
I hope each and every one of you copy and paste this everywhere, every time you hear some dim wit say Trump hadn’t done a thing!
I don’t say he hasn’t done a thing. I say he hasn’t done what he said he would do. And he’s done an awful lot of other things we could’ve done without.
P.P.S., A (longer) list could be made of untruths and inaccuracties that I think are far more problematic regarding Trump. A poll today shows, essentially, that most of the world has no faith in the man. His lies alone are seemingly limitless. This is where his, uh,…thinking comes from. His thoughts and actions that stray into reality are fugitives from his mond. He is in a Reality Distortion Field that is succored by sycophants. There’s a difference between America First and America Alone.
Oh, and: Hypocrisy. Lies and hypocrisy hanve always been hot buttons for me. Trump is the most hypocritical, dishonest politician I have ever seen.